Thursday, October 30, 2008
“Unicorn’’ because there horns have magical properties and there blood can sustain life. They are also very pretty and I like Horses
2. Tell us your favorite charm, spell or curse, and explain why you like it.
Well I think my first favorite is the Bubble head charm, who wouldn’t want to explore under the water whether it be ocean or lake! Plus how cool to see the merpeople! Second would be Accio because I like the idea of being able to summon something to you with out moving (I guess I am lazy ;) )
3. Describe your favorite holiday family tradition - which holiday and what makes it special.
We have the night before Christmas exchange where the kids get to open ther Christmas jammies and one gift from each other. I like to see them wake up Christmas morning in their jammies!
4. Name your favorite fiber-based (knitted, crocheted, or spun) finished object.
I made a crayon box jacket out of all the little handspun left over’s from myself and my bestest friend Catherine. She raises her own goats so the majority of the fiber she donated she grew
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:24 PM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Thank you to my class mates that helped me figure out how to do these crytograms. Thanks for all the hints. I finally got it ;)
"OFXMWPOZCP DLJD APZAWP QTYO TE QLC PLDTPC EZ QZCRTGP ZESPCD QZC MPTYR HCZYR ESLY MPTYR CTRSE."
"DUMBLEDORE SAYS PEOPLE FIND IT FAR EASIER TO FORGIVE OTHERS FOR BEING WRONG THAN BEING RIGHT"
Bonus 1: Who became scarred and developed a taste for raw meat in Chapter 29 of HBP?
Bonus 2: Who developed an antidote for a birthday present in Chapter 18 of HBP?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:41 PM
Friday, October 17, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:18 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minster’s office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:54 PM
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. At what are Hogwarts students allowed to swear loudly if attempts to strangle them?
2. An animal form protector charm is a Patronus
3. Who is the potions master in HBP? Horace Slughorn
4. What is Aragog? A Acromantula
5. Who is imperiused and cursed by a necklace in HBP? Katie Bell
6. What does Harry destroy in HBP? Horcruxes
7. Draught of living death is comprised of ?
Asphoedel, Worm Wood, 1 Sopophorous Bean and Valarian Roots a clockwise stir should be added after every seventh counter clock wise stir. This will cause the potion to release a blue steam.The three stages are deep purple to a light lilac and then to clear.
8. What potion can reverse the draught of living death? Wiggenweld
Who is R. A. B.?
Regulus Arcturus Black
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:45 AM
Monday, October 6, 2008
I was killed in the duel today. I am very sad but it was a great fight. We both mailed the same day and as they said it came down to the Owls. Mine was distracted I think he hasn't made it yet! If any one See's him will you let me know.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:16 PM