Hi all. I am in the middle of moving so I will be away from my computer off and on for about a week.But rest assure that my spoilees are still being tended to.Hope every one is having as much fun as I am. I had better get back to my potions I a have been falling behind.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Fleur Delacour and her sister, Gabrielle are one-quarter Veela. Fleur's wand contains a single hair from her grandmother, a Veela. Fleur's mother Apolline Delacour, is a half Veela, due her mother's marriage to a wizard
Fleur Isabelle Weasley (née Delacour) (born c. 1977) is a witch who attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. She is one quarter Veela and is a native of France. During the 1994 to 1995 school year, she put her name forward to compete in the Triwizard Tournament, and was chosen by the Goblet of Fire as the Beauxbatons Champion. She competed bravely, but the Tournament ended in tragedy with the death of Cedric Diggory. In the following summer, she took a part-time job at Gringotts Wizarding Bank to improve her English, and started dating co-worker Bill Weasley
Beauxbâtons Academy of Magic is a school of wizardry in France. Beauxbatons's current Headmistress is Madame Olympe Maxime. The school Coat of Arms is two golden wands crossed over one another, each shooting three stars. "Beaux bâtons" is French for "beautiful batons." The "bâtons" part is presumably a reference to wands. The Academy is a glittering castle, probably newer and brighter than the Hogwarts castle. Both Hogwarts and Durmstrang are in castles; however
Veela are a race of semi-human, semi-magical creatures reminiscent of the Sirens of Greek Mythology. They appear to be young, beautiful human women, and their appearance and especially their dance are magically seductive to all males. When Veela are angry, however, they transform into something more like Harpies -- their faces turn into cruel-beaked bird heads and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders, and they can launch balls of fire from their hand. (1994)
They have been known to take jobs as cheerleaders for leading Quidditch teams, including the Bulgarian team during the Quidditch World Cup. Other hints also point to Veela being of eastern European origin.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:50 PM
Saturday, February 23, 2008
1. Salazar Slytherin
4. Phineas Nigellus Black
5. Horace Slughorn
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:38 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
Please post these answers to your blogs before the Snitch is released. Once the Snitch is found the questions will be removed and the game ends. .
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:36 PM
Friday, February 15, 2008
2. How long does it take to brew Polyjuice Potion?
3. In the Chamber of Secrets Professor Sprout welcomes her Herbology students to which greenhouse?
4. What is Harry's number on the Quidditch team? I don’t know
5. Who is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in The Chamber of Secrets?
Christian Coulson, 23, will be one of the most hated young men in the country when he appears on the screen as Tom Riddle
7. How many times has Gilderoy Lockhart won Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award?
8. How many years does Sirius black spend in Azkaban? 13
9. How many Famous Wizard cards does Ron tell Harry he has in his collection on the Hogwart's Express?
10.What number is Dumbledore's vault at Gringott's?
11. How long has Scabbers been in the Weasley family when he becomes Ron's?
He was Percy’s rat first 12years
12.What number is Harry Potter's vault at Gringott's?
13.What is written where the number 12 should be on Molly Weasley's clock (COS film)?
14.How many presents does Dudley receive on his birthday (SS book)?
15. What is the license plate registration number on Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia car (COS film)?
16.How many points are scored for a goal in Quidditch?
17.What is the exact time the Hogwart's Express leaves King's Cross station?
18.How many players are there on a Quidditch team?
19.How far back in time does Tom Riddle's diary take Harry?
20.How many flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans did Harry eat on the Hogwart's Express (SS book)?
22.What is the number on the front of the Hogwart's Express train?
23. How many eyes does Fluffy have?
24. What was Harry's room number at the Leaky Cauldron?
25. How many points did Slytherin have when Dumbledore announced the scores for the House Cup in the Sorcerer's Stone?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:33 PM
She made me the most amazing bag with all kinds of different compartments for needles etc... I got two patterns, wonderful wilde foote yarn in my house colors, Mints (green),A wand :) A snake that actually hisses, bathroom stuff, wonderful Lantern Moon Rosewood needles and a note pad.She also knitted me the best table runner in green. I think it is wool.
Cecilia Kettleburn You rock!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:28 PM
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:17 PM
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Hey every one. I had a blast at Hogsmede. I didn't pal up with just one person but saw every one having a great time. I think I might have spent too much time in the Hogs Head. My head is still a bit fuzzy. I did come home with some fun things from Gladrags Wizardwear, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop and Honey Dukes.Too much fun! I couldn't find any fun yarn or wool so candy, clothes and new stationarty will have to do ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:04 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:40 AM
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Sorry fellow Slytherins I put the wrong photo in for the world cup. I was out of town when I posted and not paying attention. I am so sorry I hope I wasn't the cause for point loss.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:29 PM
Friday, February 1, 2008
1. What was Harry dreaming about the first time he woke up with his scar on fire?
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
'c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff? (Answer is One Word, Last Name Only)
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemortd. Simply because he hated Harry that much
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts? Answer: (One Word)
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Picture Scavenger Hunt Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:40 AM