Sunday, December 13, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Well my owl is winging its way to Gryphon the Great! I had a great time with this swap. Cant wait to see if he liked it!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 12:54 PM
Monday, November 16, 2009
What am I Thankful For
1. My Family
2.Ravelry- Friends and fellow knitting and fiber nuts that keep my world grounded.
4. The home we have found wether it is temporary or not.
5. My job
6. My husband coming through all his surgeries.
7. The fellow Magpies :)
8. All of Gods great gifts.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:31 PM
Friday, November 6, 2009
She has attended the Day of the dead Then I think she has been to Mexico City. Then to Salt Lake City and the rest is a blurr! Sorry I guess I am not very good at this.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:40 PM
Friday, October 30, 2009
Boy this has been a -snowy- week! I have been so busy and haven’t had much time to post! So, I thought I’d do a quickie to tell you about my plans for the weekend! Saturday, I am planning to - work-and -knit- with- a new puppy in the house-. If I have time, I might also -read- since I haven’t in a long time. Sunday will be spent -time planning my package - and maybe -napping- if I’m lucky!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:45 PM
Well to my best guess would be that she is some where in Norfolk. That is where Cyprian Youdle was from. As for the town with no shops or any thing who would blame her for not wanting to stay very long. Really no shops to shop in I would have to be on my way! But back to the question I have no idea what the town isw called :(
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:38 PM
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Well I have spent lots of time looking and I think that the first leg is in New Zealand at the Lanarch Castle and then she is flying off to Canada. I cant decide if she is in Onterio or Quebec. There seems to be lots of great Maple Syrup farms.
I hope she tests them all!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:29 PM
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
1. Someone with the same craft as you -chonnybunny
2. Someone who was born in the same month- nosheep4chelle
3. Someone from a different country- Brentusfirmus
4. Anew HSKS Quidditch player- Celeena Cree
5. A player who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps- Lizzie Wychwood
6. A player who has a bigger stash than you! ?
7. A player who both knits and crochets- Ronnica
8. Someone who has the same favorite color as you- Knyquol
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:00 PM
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I got a great mug that says I love knitting. There is a great knitting book , There is an assortment of note pads and a book mark with the intitial "P" on them. 3 skeins of yarn one sock yarn and another set of yarn for a hat. Then there is wonderful stitch markers and a pedicure set. There is also 2 patterns one for a louch cable hat and the waesly socks.
WOW this is such a great kit!!!!! Thank you soooo much Madam Ferula!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:56 PM
Sunday, August 30, 2009
I received the most wonderful kit from Adreinne ( Spindle Swap) She must have been snooping on my blog because she gave it a HP flair. I received a Spindle with a dragon on it and roving in my favoritecolors and stitch markers with Hogwarts unity colors and wonderful chocolate. WOW it was so great!!!! I think I am going to have to see if she is a fan. Maybe she will come play with us for the next round!
I will post pics later!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:15 PM
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
I will be sending out my owl tomorrow at lunch! I am very excited my spoiler picked Charms and beads are my favorite. I have a friend who is in charge of a beading group called the Colorado or Wyoming Tumble Beaders ( I can never remember which one) . She is the one who always helps me when I decide to do a big project! I hope she likes them :)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:15 PM
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Well so far this week I have finished my kits and now am working on getting them wrapped and sent!
I received a ROAK from Emma Wigworhty and I will post pics but I will say she is so great and creative I feel blessed!
My husband had reconstructive surgery on his shoulder yesterday and that went really well SO.............
THIS IS A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:47 AM
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Well we have successfully gotten moved and I am very excited to be getting the internet back at my home!!!!! My packages are almost ready to go and I have a few fun owls leaving in the morning!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:33 PM
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I am so excited for the game. I love guessing games!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:11 PM
Friday, July 24, 2009
Ok I have not quite figured out how to turn Friday into something funny.
I hope every one has a great week end.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 2:15 PM
Monday, July 20, 2009
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:17 PM
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I missed the first showing of the new movie. I was bummed by the time I went to get my tickets they were all sold out :( Did any one else get to see it? I bet it was great !
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:15 PM
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Character Number 4
Heart Number 9
Social Number 4
I found this assignment very fun and interesting.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:54 PM
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Ok Here goes
1. I live in Colorado
2. I have 3 Children
3. I crochet better than I knit
4. I am originally from California
Which is which?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:18 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I am sorry to say that I really don't need any thing.
I do on the other hand want a few things.
1. I love anything that is new, odd or interesting.
2. I love Knitting books , unique( vintage ( used) )
3. Living Crafts magazine
4. Anything hand made.
I do also love any fiber or yarn but that is a given ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 12:09 PM
Monday, June 22, 2009
Whats in your Trunk
1. Pencils ( Muggle Item)
2. Pop Tarts ( Yum)
3. Pretty new robes
4. Polyjuice Potion ( you never know when it might come in handy)
5. Pillow ( like my feather one)
6. Photo of the Head Mistress
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:53 PM
Friday, June 19, 2009
Hi all campers
I am so happt it is friday. We are all trying to get settled into our cabins. I am looking forward to all the games and camp pranks hee hee!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:15 AM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Well I have landed back in Cheyenne Wyoming. I am glad to be out of where we were. The hostility there was terrible. My husband has become very ill because of it. I am hoping to find a home soon and be back in the game. I have found a little library that has a computer for me to use so that is good but not as good as having my own up and running.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 2:22 PM
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:40 PM
Monday, March 30, 2009
I am sorry class mates but we are in the middle of moving. I will try to be better after we get moved. We will be out of our house by Friday but still not sure where we are going. Keep good thoughts for us please!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:17 PM
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:55 AM
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Well my fellow swappers and all. My world has crashed and I will not be able to be very active for a awhile. I will still try to blog every week and will keep up every other way but will not be very chatty. I am so sorry hopefully this will pass soon.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 12:14 PM
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Well my fellow Gryffindors I did it again! I was out of town at a state Quiddich Championship with my daughter ( Wyoming State 2a High School Basketball Championships ) . Her team finished 2nd at regionals. I am sad to report they did not win the cup! It was fun to watch any way! I am not very good at the puzzle home work we had. i am sorry I just cant seem to figure it out. I will try harder with the soduko puzzle.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 2:39 PM
Saturday, February 28, 2009
1. Who is the author of the books prescribed for Defence against the Dark Arts?
d. Quentin Trimble
2. When conjuring a Patronus, the user is supposed to produce what type of thought?
3. Who was the teacher of Defence against the Dark Arts in Tom Riddle's time?
a. Albus Dumbledore
4. Which Defence against the Dark Arts teacher is an accomplished Occlumens?
c. Severus Snape
5. Which of these spells is the Full Body-bind Curse?
b. Petrificus Totalus
6. Lord Voldemort used Avada Kedavra on Harry Potter in the Little Hangleton graveyard. But another spell used by Harry at the same time caused the Priori Incantatem effect. Which spell did Harry use?
7. Which of the following can the Unforgivable Curse not do?
c. Make parts of the body fall off
8. Which kind of people are known to use Unforgivable Curses very commonly?
9. One of the Horcruxes was a ring. Whom did the ring belong to?
b. Marvolo Gaunt
10. The creation of a Horcrux requires:
c. Killing someone
Extra Credit:Name the 3 Unforgiveable Curses. Describe how to cast each and the effects of each curse. Why are they unforgiveable and what will happen to the person who cast them?
These are Unforgivable Curses that the use of any of them will get you a one way ticket to Azkaban.
1. Cruciatus Curse- this spell causes the victim to suffer almost intolerable pain. Some victims of prolonged use of this curse have been driven insane. A victim of this curse is said to have been Cruciated. To cast this spell you just point your want and say
2. Imperius Curse- This spell causes the victim to be be under the control of the person who cast the spell. The victim will do what ever the spell caster wants, Which can be jump off a cliff drown etc…. To cast this spell you need to point your want and say
3. Killing Curse- Causes instant death in a flash of green light, usually leaving no sign of physical damage or of the cause of death that would be detectable to a Muggle autopsy. To cast this spell you need to point your want and say
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:08 AM
Well let the stalking begin. I am off to hogsmeade to find the perfect yarn ( and I dont mean tale LOL ).
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:27 AM
Monday, February 23, 2009
My Hogsmeade Vist.
Before we get into my historical part of my trip I would like to tell a little prelude to my home work. To prepare for the visit I first went to Honeydukes Sweetshop. I will need lots of candy for courage and of course just because hee hee. Then I will have to pop over to The Three Broom Sticks for a drink (or two) of some butter beer. Ok now I am ready for my Historical Visit.
~ The Shrieking Shack ~
Of course to make it a real visit I had to try to get in. But as all of us know that the only way in is through the secret passage at the bottom of the Womping Willow. There were several terrible noises coming from the shack and the gate would not let me pass. I believe that not only did the Shrieking Shack serve a great purpose when it was built for Professor Remus Lupin to transform into a werewolf away from Hogwarts but it also allowed several truths to be known. In the shack is where Harry found out the Sirius black was not the one who betrayed his parents that it was Peter Petigrew. Ron also found out that Scabers his pet rat was none other than Peter Pettigrew in his animagus form.
I am thinking that perhaps my next visit might contain more shopping but seems this was for home work this will have to do.
Penelope of Flitwick
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:29 PM
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:31 AM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ouch I was hit with a disarming charm. Good Job Fiera Firenze! I hope your mitts arrive to you soon. Thank you so much I loved the color!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:54 PM
1. What momentous event was the reason that the members of the Order of the Phoenix felt it necessary to move Harry out of the Dursley’s house?
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
d. Ron’s Auntie Muriel’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Picture Scavenger Hunt
The Dursley's House
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:40 PM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
I cast a spell on the words for help but only put definitions in where they would help to understand the muggle world.
Deems Muggle term used as- He will do what ever he deems neccesary
Diesel Muggle Pick up truck the uses Diesel Fuel Type of fuel for Muggle vehicles.
Diet Most Muggle women feel they are too fat and go on a diet.
Digest Well in the Muggle world this has 2 meanings. One is how we process our food and the other is a pamphlet that is distributed with all sorts of interesting information ( Readers Digest)
Edge This could mean several things. In my muggle world it would mean the edge of a cliff where our cows come down from the top pasture or the edge of a muggle razor.
Egged This is what Muggle children do to Houses when they are out and about at nights!
Eggs Are layed by chickens and used for all kinds of cooking ( Muggle and Magical)
Eludes Well in the Muggle world criminals try to elude ( hide from or get a way from) the police.
Gels This is a muggle product that is used for your hair ( or that is what my daughter uses it for)
Gilt This is a female hog, I am not sure if they are the same in the magical world
Gimlet A muggle alcoholic drink
Gist This also has several meanings. The onne I am going to use is a Company in the Muggle worls Called "GIST" The make silver belt buckels.
Guessed This what most kids do when taking a math test ( hee hee I am of course talking about me)
Guest This is when we invite some one into our home. They are our Guest.
Gusts In my muggle town there are gusts of wind up too 60 miles per hour.
Idle This is what a Muggle car does when the engine is running but the car is not moving. This also means some one who is sitting still and not busty
Mule In the muggle world this is a Horse and donkey cross. My father inlaw shows them.
Smug This is the look that Drako Malfo always has on his face
Suet In the Muggle world they render suet into tallow for soap
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:04 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009
My Owl is on its way! Fiera Firenz you had better duk!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:07 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I start my first Duel at 9:30 cst this morning. Look out Fiera Firenz ~ Expelliamus~
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:14 PM
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I want to apologise to my Gryffindor house mates for posting late. I will not let it happen again.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:17 PM
I am heading off to do my home work. I am trying to get my magical slippers done and my Gryffindor home work! I think this will require a stay awake charm!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:14 PM
Monday, February 2, 2009
What are your three most favorite colors?- Green, Gold & Burgundy
What are you three least favorite colors?Blue, Grey and Teal
Your favorite candy is _Sweet Tarts_:)_.
Who is your favorite Weasley? Molly- She amkes me want to Crochet. I love her jumper!!!!
What type of kit did you ask for? I Love a Surprise. I think that is what makes this swap so great!
Acrylic— (a) has its uses,
Who is the Gryffindor Head Girl ?Millicent Brocklehurst
Name four "extras" you would love to receive in your kit. Books, Coffee, Dark Chocolate and any thing that smells good. OOH I think I see a pattern!! hee hee.
What are your three most favorite scents?Patchouli, Lavender, Pine
Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? Both yummy yummy yummy!( with a diet pepsi of course)
Which Gryffindor and Slytherin students are sisters in real life?Lizzy Wyhwood & Emma Wigworthy
Do you really need more stitch markers?Not really but they are fun any way. I think it is the same as yarn and wool. He (or she) who dies with the most wins!!
DPNs, circular, or straight?- DPN's
Favorite yarn? Brown Sheep, I have used that yarn the most, The Brown Sheep gals come to the same reatreat and bring lots and lots of yarn. It is a dying retreat and the yarn dyes beautifully!
Dream yarn? Any thing Alpaca
What is your favorite pattern?Any thing from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection. She is so inspiring!! One can only dream of being that creative of a knitter ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:58 PM
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
OK A little Ghostly quiz!! Could be worth some points ;)
How many ghosts were there in the Harry Potter series and name them.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:54 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Well the term has begun and I am very excited!! I have heard from my spoiler and I think we will become fast friends. I am the Resident ghost and the Dueling Mistress this term and I cant wait. I hope that more members sign up to duel.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:13 PM