Thursday, December 11, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:01 AM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Well all my swaps are coming to an end
;( . I want to thank every one for all the fun.
I am looking forward to our next rounds.
I hope every one has a great Holiday season.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:52 PM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.'s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion?
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:38 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:36 PM
Thursday, October 30, 2008
“Unicorn’’ because there horns have magical properties and there blood can sustain life. They are also very pretty and I like Horses
2. Tell us your favorite charm, spell or curse, and explain why you like it.
Well I think my first favorite is the Bubble head charm, who wouldn’t want to explore under the water whether it be ocean or lake! Plus how cool to see the merpeople! Second would be Accio because I like the idea of being able to summon something to you with out moving (I guess I am lazy ;) )
3. Describe your favorite holiday family tradition - which holiday and what makes it special.
We have the night before Christmas exchange where the kids get to open ther Christmas jammies and one gift from each other. I like to see them wake up Christmas morning in their jammies!
4. Name your favorite fiber-based (knitted, crocheted, or spun) finished object.
I made a crayon box jacket out of all the little handspun left over’s from myself and my bestest friend Catherine. She raises her own goats so the majority of the fiber she donated she grew
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:24 PM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Thank you to my class mates that helped me figure out how to do these crytograms. Thanks for all the hints. I finally got it ;)
"OFXMWPOZCP DLJD APZAWP QTYO TE QLC PLDTPC EZ QZCRTGP ZESPCD QZC MPTYR HCZYR ESLY MPTYR CTRSE."
"DUMBLEDORE SAYS PEOPLE FIND IT FAR EASIER TO FORGIVE OTHERS FOR BEING WRONG THAN BEING RIGHT"
Bonus 1: Who became scarred and developed a taste for raw meat in Chapter 29 of HBP?
Bonus 2: Who developed an antidote for a birthday present in Chapter 18 of HBP?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:41 PM
Friday, October 17, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:18 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minster’s office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:54 PM
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. At what are Hogwarts students allowed to swear loudly if attempts to strangle them?
2. An animal form protector charm is a Patronus
3. Who is the potions master in HBP? Horace Slughorn
4. What is Aragog? A Acromantula
5. Who is imperiused and cursed by a necklace in HBP? Katie Bell
6. What does Harry destroy in HBP? Horcruxes
7. Draught of living death is comprised of ?
Asphoedel, Worm Wood, 1 Sopophorous Bean and Valarian Roots a clockwise stir should be added after every seventh counter clock wise stir. This will cause the potion to release a blue steam.The three stages are deep purple to a light lilac and then to clear.
8. What potion can reverse the draught of living death? Wiggenweld
Who is R. A. B.?
Regulus Arcturus Black
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:45 AM
Monday, October 6, 2008
I was killed in the duel today. I am very sad but it was a great fight. We both mailed the same day and as they said it came down to the Owls. Mine was distracted I think he hasn't made it yet! If any one See's him will you let me know.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:16 PM
I received a RAOK from Minerva Wood. I will post pictures in the morning. I got the best hat and a Starbucks card ( How did she know) Some great needle protectors. It was so wonderful!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:14 PM
Monday, September 29, 2008
What yarn shop did Henry Longstaff shop at for yarn? Mrs Mac’s
Who is the HSKS6 SPEW coordinator? Cliodnia Acromantula
Which Gryff student just returned from London? Lady Fellula the Forgetful
Which Gryffindor has cats named after the muggle rock band, The Ramones? Dagmara Grindelwald
What is your favorite childhood television program (Magic or Muggle)? Bewitched or Andy Griffith
What is your favorite adult television program (Magic or Muggle)? Charmed or As time goes by. I am a sucker for British television!
Which travel destination did you last visit? Kaycee Wyoming
What was your last finished object (FO)? Dueling Socks
How many project(s) planned for holiday gifts? How many do you expect to actually finish and give? Planned 6 Actually if I am being honest with my self. 4
Who is the mother of Half Blood Prince? Eileen Prince
Which Weasley became engaged in Book 6 (Half Blood Prince)? Percy
What is the result of a Sectumsempra curse? Causes the person you curses to be cut and possibly not to grow the body part back.
Who used a Bezoar to reverse poisoning? Harry gave it to Ron.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:27 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:01 AM
Monday, September 22, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:02 PM
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:16 AM
Monday, September 15, 2008
Potter Name:Penelope of Flitwick
I am allergic to:Nothing
Pets that I have:We have dogs (Cogis, Kelpies and Border Collies)
My favorite yarn:Alpaca I have no specific brand they are all great
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?N/A
My favorite flavor:Espresso
My favorite holiday: Christmas
I would like to receive a: Surprise me
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length:I like Pony or Brittney needles the small one but I am always up for some thing different!
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?:I want to try every thing once ;)
I've participated in HSKS: 5 times I am a loyal fan!
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? No the last one
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:47 AM
Friday, September 12, 2008
I received my welcome letter. I am sad I didn't get a job but I will be the best Gryffindor cheer leader any way. I am looking forward to getting started.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:17 AM
Well I have started my socks.
I hope she likes them I have never knit the pattern before.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:16 AM
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Hi All while I am busy preparing and knitting for Cliadona I also keep finding more fun things for her. I had better start feeding my owl so he can carry her package. I hope every one is having fun and I send out a Get Well for our fallen Ravenclaw!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:34 AM
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Well I am casting on. I have decided to actually follow a pattern this time. I hope it works out. I have big plans for my pal ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:23 PM
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I have posted the first house quiz.
I am very excited for my prefect duties.
If any one needs any help please do not hesitate.
I will try to help between Potions and Herbology ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:30 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Well I got my new swap partner and she sounds fabulous. She lives in Colorado very close to me. I guess compared to the others ;) I am starting my shopping and spinning and creating. I am VERY EXCITED. This is going to be a fun swap!
Oh ya her name is
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:35 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My kit arrived and I am so pleased! Thank you so much Violet!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:59 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I bought a new spinning wheel and just love it. I think it will work very well to spin sock yarn. I will post a picture when I can find my daughters camera.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:27 AM
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Hufflepuffs find the snitch. They are truley great hunters! I guess their teeth are sharper than ours! WELL DONE URSELA!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:07 AM
ROAR! WE ARE MIGHTY AND WE AR FIERCE AND WE NEED TO BE QUICK. HAPPY HUNTING!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:56 AM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
Robert Pattinson is staring in
Twilight the Movie
Coming out December 12th
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:48 AM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Well Trivia day is almost here and I hope all my fellow Gryffindors are ready!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:44 PM
Friday, July 11, 2008
Attention Daisy Chang of Hufflepuff.
Your owl is on its way to you! I hope it doesn't get blown off course, the wind is very bad here in Wyoming today.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:25 PM
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Ok I guess I am not smart enough for the Cryptogram. I have never done them. Well done to my fellow house mates that figured it out.
HUZAH TO YOU !!!!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:19 AM
Sunday, July 6, 2008
WOW! I am having a hard time with this one. Can any one give me a hint?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:44 PM
Hope every one had a wonderful 4th. The weather here was great! I know that there are places around the world that are on fire so I am sad for them. Hope the fires die soon.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:42 PM
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
1 Who is your favorite member of the Order of the Phoenix? Tonks
2 Favorite person at Hogwarts? Professor Flitwick of course !!!
3 Favorite spell or charm to use? Disarming Charm the best very useful!!!!
4 Best and worst classes at Hogwarts? Best potions worst would be divination
5 Favorite flower? Gardenia
6 What is your beverage of choice? Coffee, tea, latte, soda/pop? White Blended Mocha with an extra shot!!!!!
7 Favorite muggle music? Ian Tyson
8 How many family members do you have? 5
9 What do you do on your summer vacation? What is your Favorite vacation ever taken? We spend our summers working And Rodeoing with our kids. My favorite is going to Estes Park Wool Market for my birthday!
10 What is your favorite subject at Hogwarts? Why? I love potions ( Not the teacher) because it is very broad and has so many uses
11 How many pairs of shoes (footwear) do you have? Which are your favorite pair? 31 pairs and my favorite are my Betulas (sandals)
12 How many projects do you have OTN (on the needles)? 2
13 What is the oldest project you're working on and when did you cast it on? I have a sweater I cast on 8years ago I am down to the finishing and because that is my least favorite thing to do it is still sitting calling my name. J
14 Favorite food(s)? I love veggies and tofu!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:07 AM
Well my daughter survived the World Cup. There were a few accidents with a bludger but all in all it was Great! Wyoming was Victorious. I am dying to hear what happened with the second release of the snitch!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:20 AM
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Well we are off to the world cup ( AKA High School Rodeo State Finals)! My daughter is on the Wyoming Team! Good Luck to all on the up coming Quidditch Match.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:00 PM
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Gongratulations to Selena & Hufflepuff for her rapid obduction of the snitch.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 12:40 PM
Saturday, June 21, 2008
I want to wish every one Good Luck in the Quidditch match tomorrow!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:10 PM
Well I returned for my wonderful adventure and have procured several wonderful things for Daisy! I am finishing up a few things before quidditch tomorrow then the owl will be on its way.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:08 PM
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
1. At the beginning of the year feast, who is the only person who rudely interrupts Dumbledore during his speech?
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
d. Privet Drive
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbrdige is doing her inspection?
d. The Vanishing Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
Answer: _____Dobby_____________ (five letters)
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
Answer: __16_________________ (Number)
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Post these pictures to your blog. They must either be posted or linked to from your blog in order to receive points.
Nymphadora Tonks .
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:34 PM
Monday, June 16, 2008
The Wool Market was a blast and I bought some very fun things for Daisy :)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:18 PM
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Well I am headed for the port key tomorrow night. I was thinking of using the floo net work but was afraid I wouldn't end up at Estes Park. I would hate to end up some where in Diagon Alley that is not safe. Wish me happy knitting and shopping. Daisey will be the recipient of my spoils. I will post pictures on Monday!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 2:58 PM
Friday, June 6, 2008
My daughter and I are off the Cheyenne to visit the muggles. My daughter is on one of the state Quidditch teams. So I will spend sat & sun watching the match! Have a fabulous week end to All houses!!!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:49 AM
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:53 PM
I am headed to Estes Park Wool Market for my Birthday. I am taking a seamless sweater class and south West knitting. I am very excited. I plan on shopping for Daisey while I am there. They have some really great vendors.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:55 PM
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
1. Which of Arabella Figg's cats ran out from under the car
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore's middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog's Head that showed an interest in Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
a. Angelina Johnson
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
b. A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot's in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine's Day?-
c. Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live
a. 38 and number 2 Laburnum Gardens Clapham
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague
a. Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:07 PM
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:52 AM
Just got a little e-mail from my spoilee and she is enjoying a lazy week end working on her spoilee also. Seems like a great week end to do that, the weather here in Wyoming is dreary. I haven't heard from my spoiler but I will bet she is having a nice week end also. Hope every one is enjoying family and friends.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:48 AM
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Well fellow Gryffindors I am sorry I missed our chat on Monday. I will try to log in tonight. I am still at work when it starts so I will try. Hope every ones studies are going well. I loved the quiz very fun.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:51 AM
Well I is raining here in Wyoming but luckily I work in side the court house. I am really looking forward to summer when ever it comes.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:50 AM
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I am very excited about this swap. My new spoiler Pal is Heather she sounds like a very great person I am looking forward to getting to know her and my new spoilee is Daisey Chang and she sounds great too! I am so excited to have two great new pals and making new friends.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:51 AM
Gryffindor House Quiz -1
Greetings Gryffindors. Here's a house quiz to start off the new term. A little Gryffindor, a little Order of the Phoenix, and a little get to know you!
1. Molly and Arthur Weasley have __5_ children. Name three.,
Ron, George and Fred
2. What is the full name of Gryffindor house ghost Nearly Headless Nick?
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
3. Which Ravenclaw sports a hat with a Gryffindor-like life sized lion's head which roars in Order of the Phoenix?
4. Name five members of the Order of the Phoenix.
Aurther Weasley, Sirius Black. Professor, Snape, Molley Weasley & Dumbledore
5. What is the profession of Hermione Granger's parents?
6. What is your favorite thing to knit or crochet?
7. What is Professor Minerva McGonagall's animagus?
8. What size needles (DPNs, circular or loop) do you prefer for knitting socks?
9. Where are the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix?
Sirius Blacks Family Home
10. What is your favorite pastime when not studying at Hogwarts?
11. What is the name of the last book you read?
12. Which Gryffindor used to play "Charlie's Angels" and always was Bosley?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:48 AM
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I am in the Gryffindor house this term.
I hope my other house mates aren't mad.
I just can't decide where I belong.
Go Gryffindor Roar!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:55 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Padma received her package. I hope she likes all the goodies it was really fun to do. Hopefully she will post pics soon.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 3:25 PM
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Well the owl has arrived here and went right back out to Padma. I hope it arrives soon!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:35 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I am waiting patiently for the owl from Alivaders to arrive so I can send out my packages.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:39 PM
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Well Class Mates we are all getting finished up and sending our Qwl's. I want to say that I have had a blast and hope that Hogwarts has another session. I hope every one continues to post and chat so we can keep up with each others and our knitting, spinning etc...
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:07 AM
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. When Rita Skeeter prints a bad articles about Hagrid in the Daily Prophet, which Professor teaches Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures class while he is away?
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first?
b. Viktor Krum
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
b. Troy and Quigley
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gif of a carriage clock?
b. A basilisk egg
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:24 PM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Mr. Weasley works in the Department for the Regulation of the Misuse of Muggle's Artifacts Office. The Registry of Proscribed Charmable Objects is the Ministry of Magic list of Muggle artifacts that are illegal to enchant or import.
These Magical Objects may or may not be on the list.
Enter the Magical Object that answers the question or best fits the statement given.
What two things could the penknife Sirius gave Harry for Christmas allow it's user to do?
Unlock any lock
Undo any knot
Harry used the knife to break into to Professor Umbridges office.
What is the name of the shallow stone basin that contains a substance that looks like light made liquid or wind made solid?
What is the most fabulous magic item of them all, that gives unlimited gold or immortality?
What enchanted item transports a person to a preprogrammed location?
What is the thin flexible golden rod used to detect spells of concealment and hidden magical objects?
What is the glass ball the size of a large marble usually filled with, unless the holder has forgotten something, and it turns red?
What does a Sneakoscope do when someone untrustworthy is around?
Gives off a whistle
Where did Harry buy the two pairs of socks for Dobby, that screamed loudly when they became too smelly and flashed gold and silver stars?
What magical item did Ron, Ginny and Hermione use to mend, repair or bind things?
What Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes item gave Hermione a black eye?
Magical Maintenance at the Ministry of Magic uses them to display spectacular weather effects in the underground levels.
What red smoking item explodes if not opened immediately?
What device displays magical words that provide game commentary in purple letters?
The Marauder's Map
Rita's Skeeters fast writing assistant?
Quick Quotes Quill
Which banned joke item was confiscated by Prefect Hermione Granger
The Elixer (which was actually Doxy droppings)
What is the standard magical means of transportation in Asia and the Middle East?
What are the three ways to create an invisibility cloak?
They may be made from hair of Demiguise, a magical creature that possesses the power to become invisible
From an ordinary traveling cloak, enchanted with an exceptionally strong disillusionment charm or a bedazzling hex.
What is the name of the specific piece of jewelry that bestows wisdom on the wearer?
A diadem (also called a tiara)
Floo Powder allows the user to do what two things in the green flames of a fireplace?
Step Into it
Travel from one fireplace to another
What device shows it's owner's enemies?
Name three games played with magical or charmed objects.
Gobstones, Quidditch and Wizards Chess
Which magical object gives light only to its user?
Hand of Glory
What are the two things Dumbledore says the Mirror of Erised does not give?
Neither knowledge nor truth
What object does Fawkes first deliver to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets?
Godrick Gryffindor Sword
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 8:11 PM
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
This will be my last post for a day or four. We are moving the computer and they will not be setting it up in my new house until Thursday. Hope you are all having good knitting vibes. The packages are awesome!!!!!!!! Gives me some thing to shoot for.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 5:17 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Hi all. I am in the middle of moving so I will be away from my computer off and on for about a week.But rest assure that my spoilees are still being tended to.Hope every one is having as much fun as I am. I had better get back to my potions I a have been falling behind.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:55 PM
Fleur Delacour and her sister, Gabrielle are one-quarter Veela. Fleur's wand contains a single hair from her grandmother, a Veela. Fleur's mother Apolline Delacour, is a half Veela, due her mother's marriage to a wizard
Fleur Isabelle Weasley (née Delacour) (born c. 1977) is a witch who attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. She is one quarter Veela and is a native of France. During the 1994 to 1995 school year, she put her name forward to compete in the Triwizard Tournament, and was chosen by the Goblet of Fire as the Beauxbatons Champion. She competed bravely, but the Tournament ended in tragedy with the death of Cedric Diggory. In the following summer, she took a part-time job at Gringotts Wizarding Bank to improve her English, and started dating co-worker Bill Weasley
Beauxbâtons Academy of Magic is a school of wizardry in France. Beauxbatons's current Headmistress is Madame Olympe Maxime. The school Coat of Arms is two golden wands crossed over one another, each shooting three stars. "Beaux bâtons" is French for "beautiful batons." The "bâtons" part is presumably a reference to wands. The Academy is a glittering castle, probably newer and brighter than the Hogwarts castle. Both Hogwarts and Durmstrang are in castles; however
Veela are a race of semi-human, semi-magical creatures reminiscent of the Sirens of Greek Mythology. They appear to be young, beautiful human women, and their appearance and especially their dance are magically seductive to all males. When Veela are angry, however, they transform into something more like Harpies -- their faces turn into cruel-beaked bird heads and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders, and they can launch balls of fire from their hand. (1994)
They have been known to take jobs as cheerleaders for leading Quidditch teams, including the Bulgarian team during the Quidditch World Cup. Other hints also point to Veela being of eastern European origin.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 7:50 PM
Saturday, February 23, 2008
1. Salazar Slytherin
4. Phineas Nigellus Black
5. Horace Slughorn
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:38 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
Please post these answers to your blogs before the Snitch is released. Once the Snitch is found the questions will be removed and the game ends. .
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 10:36 PM
Friday, February 15, 2008
2. How long does it take to brew Polyjuice Potion?
3. In the Chamber of Secrets Professor Sprout welcomes her Herbology students to which greenhouse?
4. What is Harry's number on the Quidditch team? I don’t know
5. Who is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in The Chamber of Secrets?
Christian Coulson, 23, will be one of the most hated young men in the country when he appears on the screen as Tom Riddle
7. How many times has Gilderoy Lockhart won Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award?
8. How many years does Sirius black spend in Azkaban? 13
9. How many Famous Wizard cards does Ron tell Harry he has in his collection on the Hogwart's Express?
10.What number is Dumbledore's vault at Gringott's?
11. How long has Scabbers been in the Weasley family when he becomes Ron's?
He was Percy’s rat first 12years
12.What number is Harry Potter's vault at Gringott's?
13.What is written where the number 12 should be on Molly Weasley's clock (COS film)?
14.How many presents does Dudley receive on his birthday (SS book)?
15. What is the license plate registration number on Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia car (COS film)?
16.How many points are scored for a goal in Quidditch?
17.What is the exact time the Hogwart's Express leaves King's Cross station?
18.How many players are there on a Quidditch team?
19.How far back in time does Tom Riddle's diary take Harry?
20.How many flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans did Harry eat on the Hogwart's Express (SS book)?
22.What is the number on the front of the Hogwart's Express train?
23. How many eyes does Fluffy have?
24. What was Harry's room number at the Leaky Cauldron?
25. How many points did Slytherin have when Dumbledore announced the scores for the House Cup in the Sorcerer's Stone?
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:33 PM
She made me the most amazing bag with all kinds of different compartments for needles etc... I got two patterns, wonderful wilde foote yarn in my house colors, Mints (green),A wand :) A snake that actually hisses, bathroom stuff, wonderful Lantern Moon Rosewood needles and a note pad.She also knitted me the best table runner in green. I think it is wool.
Cecilia Kettleburn You rock!!!!!
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:28 PM
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 1:17 PM
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Hey every one. I had a blast at Hogsmede. I didn't pal up with just one person but saw every one having a great time. I think I might have spent too much time in the Hogs Head. My head is still a bit fuzzy. I did come home with some fun things from Gladrags Wizardwear, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop and Honey Dukes.Too much fun! I couldn't find any fun yarn or wool so candy, clothes and new stationarty will have to do ;)
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 4:04 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 9:40 AM
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Sorry fellow Slytherins I put the wrong photo in for the world cup. I was out of town when I posted and not paying attention. I am so sorry I hope I wasn't the cause for point loss.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 11:29 PM
Friday, February 1, 2008
1. What was Harry dreaming about the first time he woke up with his scar on fire?
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
'c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff? (Answer is One Word, Last Name Only)
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemortd. Simply because he hated Harry that much
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts? Answer: (One Word)
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Picture Scavenger Hunt Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
Posted by Penelope of Flitwick at 6:40 AM